Sunday, May 2, 2010

Just some cute pics to share

How cute is this guy? Yes, that is a spatula he's waving around. Maybe he's the Army cook??


Tia dancing with a friend at the Sharing Down Syndrome Easter Party. Adorable!



The highlight of our Spring is playing BASEBALL! They love it! Well, Tia more than Tyler (see quotes below.)


This pic is a little hard to see because I didn't want to disturb the moment. Here he is rocking a baby doll. The funny thing is this is a little boy doll we bought in Serbia. He later tucked him into bed. So sweet! I loved it so much because usually he is such a rough and tumble boy.


A great picture of the kids playing outside. It is getting hot fast so we are trying to enjoy every minute of nice weather.


A few recent quotes:
Tia: It sure was a fun day today.
Me: It was? What did we do that was fun? (It was only noon so I couldn't think of a thing.)
Tia: You know, went to church, ate breakfast.
My thought: I guess I set my expectation of fun too high. Breakfast? Really? Oh, to appreciate every little thing.


The other day a boy from church came to our door. Tia introduced all of us and then asked his name. He said, "Nick." To which Tia immediately replied, "Hi Nick, I'm Jonas." (Nick is the name of one of the Jonas brothers. I didn't even know she knew the names of the Jonas brothers. The important things you learn in 2nd grade.)


Tyler was giving me a hard time playing outfield in baseball.
Me: "Do you want to bat?"
Tyler: "No. I want to be on the team."
Me: "Well then let's go play."
Tyler: "No. No play. I just be on the team."
Me: "What does that mean to just be on the team?"
Tyler: "Say 2-4-6-8 and Good Game and do like this" (his hand goes into high 5 position)
My thought: Well, we can't all be Babe Ruth!

1 comment:

BLACKBURNS said...

Haha I am glad you posted these! They are soo dang cute Shawnie..I just love them.