Monday, November 12, 2007

Translation begins

After 2 full weeks our paperwork finally made it to Serbia.  It is being translated into Serbian right now.  The Social Worker for Max is starting his paperwork today to get him "cleared for adoption."  It could take a month, 2 months or even 3.  We'll see.  We got new pictures of him and I can't believe how much he has changed from 7 months (the last pics we had) to 10 months!  It really makes me wish I was there seeing the changes.  His hair has grown in and he looks so much older.  I can't wait until he's ours so we can post pictures of him.  He is really tiny but in his pictures he looks very proportionate, not skinny.  At 10 months old, he is only 12 lbs, 12 oz.  We can fix that.  My 3 year old is an eater and he will show him how! lol 

The facilitator/physician at the orphanage asked us to bring books on Down syndrome.  She said the orphanage is getting more and more children with DS.  She wants to learn more about it and teach her fellow physicians.  I think this is a great teaching opportunity.  I hope it helps some of the doctors realize having a child with DS is not gloom and doom.  (As they typically tell parents.)  We have so many friends who were told about their child's diagnosis in very unpleasant and out-dated ways.  Maybe, over time, things will change in Serbia and more therapies and opportunities will become available for our kids.   I would love to see the number of children with disabilities coming into the orphanage decrease in the future.  And NOT because of abortion but because more moms and dads have the supports in place to raise their children at home.  I don't know how to convey my appreciation for the life I am blessed with.  My children are amazing, wild and crazy sometimes, but amazing. =-)  I would never change them! 

No comments: