Thursday, July 31, 2008

It's almost August

My 3 cuties in Utah. Yes, I was standing on the right of them. And yes, this is the best shot we got.

This is Tia with her cousin Elisabeth getting ready for "camping". They slept in the tent in the backyard and Tia was SOOOO excited!!! Daddy will have to take her camping now. (Notice I didn't say mommy. =-))

You have to click on the picture to blow it up and see the true love of ice cream this boy possesses. And how cute is he sitting in the wagon?

Fish face? Kisses? I don't know but super cute!!!

We are back from a long vacation to Utah and Idaho. I think it will be a while before Max wants to sit in his car seat for any length of time. It was a long drive. We had such a fun time at my brother Dave's house as you can see. Getting out of the AZ heat was wonderful!!! We did all get the stomach flu (except Kevin and my brother, go figure) but what could be more bonding than throwing up together?! Ha ha. No, only a few got it while we were actually there. The rest saved it for this week.

School starts here on Monday. Tia will be in first grade and it will be the first time she is going to school ALL day. I am a ball of nerves. I got sick to my stomach as I shopped for lunch box foods yesterday. I really have NO idea if she will eat anything. She is a super picky eater and only eats warmed up foods like raviolis, mac and cheese, etc. So, what to pack in a lunch box??? I don't know! She won't eat bread or meat or cheese or pretty much anything packable. I am just planning on heating stuff before she goes to school and hope she eats it 4 hours later. She is in a regular ed. classroom but will have an aide with her so she won't be able to just eat the cookies and go play. But, I am sad. I will really miss her. She will have therapy 4 days a week right after school, then do homework, eat dinner and go to bed. She is losing her playtime and that makes me sad. It also makes me worry about her behavior getting crazy. I hope it all goes well and I have worried all summer for no reason. =-)

Ty goes to preschool and has a new teacher this year. He is pretty easy going and I think he will be fine. Max may be confused to have such a quiet house for a few hours a day. I'm SURE he will enjoy his one-on-one time with mommy. He is a mama's boy. Poor guy got the stomach flu on vacation and now has a cold. He has been really cranky and I think he is teething as well. It makes the days really long this week. But, I still have to say whenever anyone asks about him I have to just say he is wonderful. Because he really is such a joy!

12 comments:

liesel said...

Max is looking so handsome and so healthy. Good job, Mom! All your kids are so precious. Sometimes I wish I lived closer to my RR nieces and nephews, I'd sure love to babysit!

Julie said...

It is so good to see an update! I just love the pics of your kids. I can't believe how big Max is! I guess you must be out of size 2 diapers by now? haha... Hope school goes well for Tia, and that preschool is fun for Tyler. Enjoy your days with Max....I'm sure he'll fill them with joy!
~Julie

amyl4 said...

Caleb loves ice cream too, I love this picture of Tyler! Caleb would not eat his cold lunch after observing that most the kids around him were eating a hot lunch. So I ended up adding $2.50 a day to my monthly daycare bill so he would eat his lunch!:(
Amy

Kyle Is Neat said...

Super cute kids!

dulcie said...

hey, i wondered if you guys had dropped off the face of the earth. Max is looking really good. school will go good i'm sure, I remember even those worries and fears with each child on the first day of school. i think tia will find some play time somewhere, for those kids life is a party. love you, miss you. gma d

Stella said...

How fun! Wish we could have seen you while you were in Utah. I did see your mom at my mom's funeral, it was good to see her and to reminisce about the waterbed bunkbed! Your family has always been so sweet to our family. Funny how life happens and we all grow apart. But isn't blogging great. I enjoy seeing your family and the amazing experiences you are having.

Christina said...

Kallie is the same way with lunches. WHen she went to Public school I would put soups and ravioli's and chicken nuggets in a little thermos I picked up at Target. If you get a squishy lunch box they work out great!

THE CAMPBELL FAMILY said...

SHAWNIE, I WISH WE COULD HAVE MET YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WHEN YOU WERE IN IDAHO. WE LIVE IN MONTANA. YOUR FAMILY LOOKS LIKE THEY HAD ALOT OF FUN. LOVE GETTING UPDATES.

Hailey said...

Emily is starting Kindergarten this year and it has been really hard on me to see my baby go. I have the same dilemna with lunch for her! I'm not sure what to pack. I met her aide today and she is really nice and seems to already be doing really well with Emily. Is Kindergarten only 1/2 day down there? It's full day here and I'm a little worried about her going all day.

Arizona mom to eight said...

Loved all the pictures,I come to your blog daily looking for updates. LOL Meghan did not want to eat the school lunches nor what I packed for her, she is also very picky, it is a dilemma. It is hard to send them off to school, I hope her days aren't too full, I too would be worried about her behavior.

Kris RR

WheresMyAngels said...

Mercede used to just want to eat potatoes and spinach, but she also drank lots of ensure at the time. She hated sweets until she got her period , and now loves chocolate.lol

junglemama said...

I hope Tia has a wonderful first day of school.