Friday, March 28, 2008

The light is getting brighter

No exact date yet but we heard from the facilitator today. She said, "Be ready to come to Serbia soon." I told her we do not need much notice. Just a few days to book a flight and get a place to stay there. She received permission to complete all five of the pending adoptions in the next two months!! Amazing!! So, we are hoping we overlap with the other families so we can meet them. So far we are only "internet friends." All 5 families are adopting from www.reecesrainbow.com. These will be the first adoptions of children with Down syndrome from Serbia. VERY EXCITING!!! Please pray that all families will be financially ready to go soon. It is difficult to think you have 6 months to get all the money and then find out you need it in a month. Anyway, now I have to not go crazy thinking about it over the weekend. I may even start packing!!! =-)

3 comments:

amyl4 said...

Get ready, your little Max is on his way! I'm so happy for you:)
Amy

liesel said...

I'm so excited for all of you!!! I'll be jealous if you all get to meet each other there. Won't it be fun to hold Max in your arms soon?!

Christina said...

I just wanted to introduce myself! I got you off of recommended feeds from google reader and I am so happy that I saw it! I am a fellow mom of a 9 year old daughter with DS! I look forward to following you on your journey to adopt and learning about your other children as well!